- Artist profile
- Artist's Statement
The beauty and serenity of creation is what draws me to paint. I love to get the feel of the moment whether that is the warmth of the light, the velvet feel of a petal or the fold of a cloth. As a seascape artist I enjoy capturing the movement of the waves and the play of light on the sand. There is something quite spiritual and musical in the ocean. It is the light, the rhythm and the emotion that entices me to paint no matter what the subject.
I am a Master Pastellist with the Pastel Society of Australia since 2010. The way the pastel becomes your brush and the paper your pallet is immediate and exciting to paint with. The subtle colour effects you can gain by glazing one colour over another gives a great depth to the artwork.Classes are held every week in Yandina and Buderim for beginners to advanced. Dates and times are on my web www.triciataylorart.com.au
En Plein air painting is one of my loves. There is no better way to capture the true essence of what we see except to paint from life. Anne Yang and I run Plein Crazy Escapes. Artist retreats that travel throughout Australia and over seas painting as we go. A list of our escapes can be found on our website www.pleincrazy.com.auMy artwork can be seen at Seaview Gallery Moffat Beach Queensland 7 days a week. Being on duty at the gallery twice a month feel free to drop in and have a chat!
We share our beautiful planet with a host of other very beautiful creatures. Because they cannot speak, because we cannot communicate with them we usually treat them like things, like objects without feelings and needs and fears and hurts and joys. This blindness is a curse.
I paint and draw animals accurately and without enhancement as an expression of love. I choose not to use false colors or busy backgrounds because that would take us into the realm of imagination and I think we need to see animals for what they really are - glorious, beautiful expressions of the growing sentience of the universe.
To achieve this realism, I use materials and media best suited to the purpose and my skills - pencil, watercolor, and most of all, pastels. With pencil I achieve definition and contrast, whilst pastels allow more nuance and subtlety.
- In Process - come back soon
- d’Arcy Doyle Art Awards Landscape section – highly commended 2014
- Kenilworth LGI trophy Competition – Landscapes First Prize 2013
- Pastel Society of Australia Awards 2013 – People’s ChoicePastel Society of Australia Awards 2013 – 1st prize Landscape
- Pastel Society of Australia Awards 2013 – 2nd prize Still Life
- Royal Queensland Art Society Pastel Exhibition 2013 – 2nd prize
- Brisbane Rotary Art Spectacular – Finalist 2013John Jeffrey Memorial Award 2012 – for Service to the Pastel Society
- Gainsborough Greens Art Awards – Finalist 2012
- Royal Queensland Show – Seascapes – First Prize 2011
- Master Pastellist Status awarded May 2011
- Pastel Society of Australia Winner Pastellist of the Year 2010
- Pastel Society of Australia General Members Incentive Award – first Prize 2010
- Sunshine Coast Show 2009 : Grand Champion ( with a pastel painting)Publications: