- Artist profile
- Artist's Statement
Carole commenced painting approximately 25 years ago after completing an art course at Dobell House in Wangi NSW. Predominantly a pastel artist specialising in seascapes, she also works in acrylics and airdry clay producing 3D artworks.
Carole has had articles and demonstration paintings published in the “Artist’s Palette” and “Australian Artist” magazine, with one of her pastel paintings “Wet & Wild” featured on the front cover. She has exhibited extensively and has completed numerous commissions of the beautiful Australian coastline. She is currently represented by galleries in Mount Morgan and Yeppoon where she has been invited to be part of the “10 Artists Living in Livingston” exhibition.
A member of the international Ocean Artists Society in California, one of Carole’s paintings is held in their permanent collection. She is also an exhibiting member of the Queensland Wildlife Artists Society.
Using her art to support a number of charities, Carole donates a percentage 50% from the proceeds of the sale of her turtle paintings to Qld turtle rescue organisations. She has also painted seven cricket bats for “Bats for Will” supporting a young man with autism.
My main love is painting water and ocean life. I have lived a coastal lifestyle for over 35 years spending time at the beach and watching the waves crashing onto the soft white sand and the play of light on the water and through the waves. This is what I try to replicate in my paintings. I’m always trying to push my skills to another level, never allowing myself to become comfortable with what I can achieve. My paintings may show a scene that is recognisable, however it is the abstract nature of the water I am focussing on, whether it is the swirling of the foam on the beach or how to make the rocks appear underwater in a slow-moving stream.
I hope my works depicting the natural beauty of our Australian coastline will bring people to appreciate the ocean and make them a bit more mindful when they next visit the beach.
Current Gallery Representation
- The Mill Gallery, Yeppoon Qld – 2019 to current
- Mi-Art Rockhampton Qld – 2019 to current
- No 7 Gallery Mount Morgan Qld – 2019 to current
Previous Gallery Representation
- Finite Gallery, Caves Beach NSW – 2014-2018
- Cstudios Art Gallery, Newcastle NSW – 2014-2018
- Inner City Winemakers, Wickham NSW (joint exhibition) – 2013
- Forsight Gallery, Cooks Hill NSW (solo exhibitions) – 2011 & 2012
- Moulton Gallery, Sydney NSW - 2009
- Collectors Choice (sell-outs) – Von Bertouch Galleries, Cooks Hill NSW – 2001-2004
- Von Bertouch Galleries, Cooks Hill NSW – 2001 to 2004 (group & joint exhibitions, invitation only exhibitions and commissions)
- Butterflies Gallery, Pokolbin NSW - 2000
- Bumble Hill Studio, Yarramalong NSW
- Lindsay Street Gallery, Hamilton NSW
- The Junction Gallery NSW
- The Station Masters Cottage, Toronto NSW