This competition is open to financial COUNTRY members only.
All entries are to be pastel. Works may be on any surface including canvas. Mixed media is acceptable with at least 75% pastel on top.
3. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, which precludes works completed in workshops or under tutelage, and /or copied from any source other than belonging to the entrant. Source material to be available if requested. Entries must have been completed in the last two years and must not have previously won an award with the PSA.
4. Two entries per member. Free choice of subject.
5. Entry is free.
6. Categories are Master Pastellists and General Members. Each category First Prize winner receives a $300 in cash or product, Second Prize winner $200 and Third Prize winner $100. Paintings can be traditional or contemporary in style.
7. If you want your work to be for sale you must give us permission to add your email address to your photo.
8. Media reproduction of entries is allowed for promotional purposes by PSA.
9. Artworks will be judged on creativity, originality and artistic merit from the digital images submitted by the entrant. To ensure that your artwork meets the criteria, please read the article on our TIPS AND TRICKS page on our website on how to photograph your artwork correctly.
10. Files must be in JPEG format and may not be smaller than 500 KB or exceed 1MB.
11. Send images of your unframed work. Photos over glass are unacceptable. Do not crop parts of your work or enhance it in any way (photoshopped).
12. Entries are open now and close 30 March 2018.
13. Winners will be announced by the end of November 2017. After the judging all images/paintings will be displayed on the PSA website.
THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM WILL BE ON THE PSA WEBSITE IN OCTOBER 2017
The entry form will be automatically activated on October 1st 2017. Come back here then, and simply click on 'Entry Form' above.
Please Note That:
1. Once you have entered your personal details, you will not be asked for them again - the system will remember you.
2. Once you have submitted your image, you will not be allowed to submit another - this is part of the system security.
3. If you wish to change your entry after submission you will have to Send us an email - with your request.